Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Rouge?
Rouge is a makeup salon—like a blow dry salon or a nail salon but for your face!
- Who applies the makeup?
Professional make-up artists who have worked in the field AND been trained in the Rouge way. Our artists will listen to what you want to help you feel like your most beautiful you.
- Are you open before work? After work? Before my party? During lunch?
Yes, yes, yes, yes. You are busy and this is a service for YOU.
- Can I get my make-up done in the middle of the day and still look good for an evening out?
Our makeups are built to last. We have tricks up our sleeve from Founder Rebecca Perkins’ experience on film set’s long days to make makeup hold. Curious? Come in and we’ll show you.
- Do you sell makeup at Rouge?
Yes, everything that we use on you we have available for retail. If you love it, we have it! Just want to wear it once and try something else next time? Good for you!
- Can men come to Rouge?
Absolutely. Everyone has an online profile of some kind these days. No one wants to be shiny in the photo. No one will know…they’ll just wish they looked as good.
- How long will it take? I don’t have much time.
Depending on the service, our appointments range from 10 minutes for lashes to 45 minutes for Total Polish. Let us know how much time you have and we will make sure you are out the door looking gorgeous.
- How do I know I will not look clown-y when I leave?
We’re not like those other places.
- What if I love my (mascara, foundation, blush) and want to use it?
We have it all but if you have a product that you are passionate about, bring it! Rouge is about you.
- Do I have to have a makeup free face? What if I already have some makeup on?
Don’t worry! We’ll work with it or start you fresh depending on how much time you have.
- Can I book a group of people at a time? Do you do small parties?
Sure! Contact email@example.com or 212-388-1717 to discuss booking a small group or the salon as a whole for a party. Learning as we go, we now have a 2 week cancellation policy for groups over 6.
- What about House-Calls?
Sure thing. Check out our Looks page for rates. House-Calls are handled via credit card only (tax & gratuity of 18% will be added) so no need to worry about cash on hand.
- Does Rouge do weddings?
Of course! On the big day, you can come to us or we can come to you. Call us at 212-388-1717 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info. (For House-Calls outside Manhattan, we’ll discuss the best way to get us to you.)
- Can I purchase a package of appointments? What about gift cards?
Yep. See our menu for packages. Gift cards are available online or in-store.
- Can I book an appointment online?
Without a doubt. Click here.
- What is your cancellation policy?
We want to make it as easy as possible for you to come to Rouge. That being said, please let us know at least 24 hours before your appointment if you need to cancel so that we can rebook, pretty please! (Otherwise we have to charge the cost of service booked which makes everyone sad.)
- Is gratuity included in the service price?
Gratuity is not included in the service price. For your convenience, the suggested gratuity amount will be indicated on your receipt at checkout.
Please contact email@example.com